Miracle-Gro is a popular name among those who have gardens and potted plants at home. The reviews suggest that it really helps potted plants grow and sometimes, the growth is double the normal! That’s just wonderful, isn’t it?
But, many homeowners are asking one common question – Is Miracle-Grow potting soil safe for vegetables? In this article, we are going to find out!
What does Miracle-Gro contain?
The potting mix contains three major ingredients – nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorous. All these are important for the healthy growth of vegetables in different ways. Let’s take a look:
- Nitrogen: Nitrogen is responsible for keeping the leaves green and the foliage healthy.
- Potassium: Potassium strengthens the roots and ensures that they grow well.
- Phosphorous: Phosphorous is the most important nutrient for the formation of seeds and fruits.
The manufacturers say that the ratio (21:14:7) is the perfect ratio for potted vegetables. So, we think it is a great choice for potted vegetables.
Why should you only go for Miracle-Gro potting soil?
There are many reasons why Miracle-Gro is among the most popular options out there. We have enlisted a few:
- It already has a fertilizer added so that you don’t have to run out and buy it separately.
- The fertilizer used in the mix is non-toxic and safe for vegetables.
- The manufacturers have organic plant mix as well for those who only consume organically grown vegetables.
- The mix is formulated such that it retains water. Thus, you don’t run the risk of vegetables drying out.
- It has no insecticides or harmful substances that can endanger the health of humans or crops.
- It is quite affordable.
Reviews rave about just how well and fast Miracle-Gro works for vegetables. It is indeed one of the best things out there.
Which Miracle-Gro should you purchase?
For vegetables, in particular, we recommend that you purchase the all-purpose mix. The manufacturer clearly states that this particular type of soil is safe for all container vegetables and food crops. You don’t have to worry about any ill-effects whatsoever.
We recommend that you always go through the labels and find out what the ingredients are before you purchase a potting soil mix or any other item for that matter. This will help you stay safe and only make the right choice.
So, is Miracle-Gro potting soil safe for vegetables?
Absolutely! It contains no harmful substances and has proven to work excellently with all container vegetables and food crops. Go on, buy a bag.
Did you decide to use Miracle-Gro? We would love to hear your feedback about it. Don’t forget to tell us through Comments.