Are you in search of an evergreen flowering plant to make your space look aesthetic and classy? Hebes are those pretty plants that grow in cold and coastal regions also. They have many varieties like Great Orme, Blue Clouds, Nicola’s Blush, and Pascal AGM. They can grow up to 40cm tall. You can have refreshing flowers of pink, lavender, purple, white, burgundy and crimson colours. So let’s know some easy ways of growing Hebes in Pots and Garden.
Growing Hebes In Pots
Where do Hebes come from?
Hebes come from the heavenly country of New Zealand. Few of the Hebes species come from the native land of Australia and South America as well. Nowadays you can find Hebes in almost every garden and home. The bright colour flowers and luscious form makes it a must-have plant.
When to plant Hebes
The best months to plant Hebes is from April to early September. These are the warmer months, and it helps your plant to form a strong root foundation. So now when you buy a Hebe plant for yourself, make sure you plant it during these months.
How to grow Hebes in pots
Growing Hebes in pots is very simple and requires less time as well. You can plant them in your desired pot, whether it be a hanging plant or a stable corner space planter. You just need few things like a pot, compost, soil mix, water and your hebe plant. Follow the steps below for growing Hebes in pots. You can also get ample pots and grow different varieties of Hebes in your home space.
- Select a pot with 300mm depth and width. Hebes can grow drastically, and thus you need a perfect sized pot.
- Make sure to keep the pot where it receives utmost sunlight and shade as well.
- Fill the base of the pot with compost, soil mix and give it a good tap.
- Now place the Hebes plant on the base that you have created.
- Fill up rest of the pot with soil mix, compost and add water.
- Always remember to feed your hebes regularly throughout the year.
- You can also feed them with plant food available in the market.
- The more healthy food you provide, the stronger the root development, blooming of flowers and leaves.
How to grow Hebes in your garden
The only important aspect of growing Hebes is the right space. Whether it is home or open garden. If you have more space, then these flowering plants can lit up your garden and trust me, it looks very beautiful. Follow the steps to grow Hebes in the garden.
- Choosing the best sunny spot is the smartest thing but also make sure your plant also receives shade in the afternoon.
- For preparing the planting are you need to dig the soil deep and add fertilizer.
- Once you dig the hole, you can now place the plant and refill the soil.
- Make sure you do not pressure the soil more while filling it up as it may damage the roots.
- Now you can water the plant nicely.
- Also, mulch your hebes with organic stuff, pea straw, bark chips and so on.
- Feed the plant regularly throughout summer, autumn and spring.
- You can also feed your plant with plant food and boost the growth of flowers and leaves.
Some Gardening Tips
- Plants grow well if the place around them is kept clean. So you must prune your plant after flowering and maintain the cleanliness.
- Hebes can grow is the most versatile manner and so if you want a particular shape, then you can have hedges around them.
- Please note that if you want your hebes to grow floppy and luscious, then only feed the plant food or extra fertilizer. If you want them to be small and pretty, then avoid extra food.
After reading this article, I am sure that you won’t be able to resist yourself buying this gorgeous plant at your place. Growing Hebes in pots and garden is very simple. You can plant them just by following the instruction even if you are not a professional gardener. I will come up with such informative articles soon, till then Go Green!