Investing in a good quality bamboo cutter tool is essential as the plant needs to be pruned in the correct way so it can thrive afterwards. Cutting bamboo is not an easy task. One wrong cut and the plant won’t be able to grow again back to life. Like any art work, maintaing bamboo requires a special bamboo cutting tool. Most of the amateur’s gardeners often make a mistake by cutting the bamboo plants with regular scissors or pen knives. Not only the action can give acute pain in hands, the wrong tool will give serrated or uneven cuts which damages the bamboo plant growth. To avoid such accidents, we have created the list of best tools for cutting bamboo you will require as a gardener.
Best Tool For Cutting Bamboo
1. RS 7265D Corona RazorTOOTH Pruning Curved Blade Saw Bamboo Cutting Tool
If you want to maintain bamboo plants to beautify your garden, then it’s time to invest in the Corona Folding RazorTOOTH saw which is ideal for cutting 5” – 6” diameter of branches and trunk. The chrome curved blade in saw is to reduce friction and help cut wood with precision.
- One of the best tools for cutting bamboo that has the maximum number of positive reviews online.
- The curved blade has three-sided razor teeth which is ideal to cut 5″ – 6″ of branches.
- Co-molded handle gives a comfortable grip while cutting the branches.
- Triple ground hardened teeth are for quicker and even cuts.
2. Home Planet Gear EverSaw Folding Hand Saw For Bamboo
Looking for a saw that has a longer blade, sturdy design, and comfortable to hold, then check out the Home Planet Gear folding hand saw. This bamboo cutter tool has 8” blade and triple cut teeth that help your cut with precision even with less pressure.
- Planet Gear EverSaw has 8” blade and triple cut teeth for precision cutting.
- The saw blade is made from carbon steel that stays sharp even after years of use.
- This bamboo cutting tool is uncoated to reduce the friction while cutting the branches.
- The blade is connected to an adjustable bolt which can be loosened or tightened as per the requirement.
- The ergonomic slip resistant handle for comfortable grip.
- To ensure the safety of the user, there is a lock in blade feature that makes sure that blade won’t snap under pressure.
- Home Planet Gear offers a lifetime warranty with this bamboo cutter tool.
3. Silky Professional BIGBOY 2000 Folding Hand Saw
This is no ordinary saw as the BigBoy Folding Hand Saw comes with 14 inches of blade and 5.5 teeth per inch for even and longer strokes and precise cutting. Whether its cutting larger limbs or medium size branches, this handsaw can handle it all.
- Silky New bamboo cutter tool is offering a long, sturdy 14-1/5-inch blade which works much better compared to any ordinary saw.
- With the thickness of 1.8mm and 5.5 per inch teeth formation, this hand saw cuts wood evenly.
- Easy to handle, this handsaw is a must when you want to trim mature bamboo shoots.
- Silky Saws offer customers a limited lifetime warranty with this product.
4. Tarvol Japanese Style Heavy Duty Pruning Saw
Japan is known for creating heavy duty blades that cut any hard object in one stroke. This Japanese style skill is used by the Tarvol to create the best tool for cutting bamboo. The travol pruning saw had 14” long curved blade that works efficiently in cutting medium size branches of trees, maintaining shrubs and plants.
- Curve style 14-inch blade makes trimming and cutting effortlessly.
- The blade is strong and won’t bend or break under high pressure of friction.
- The agronomical cushioned handle is sturdy so you won’t face any nasty accident while cutting wood.
- The company offers 100% manufacturers money back guarantee for life with this product.
5. TABOR TOOLS T6 8″ Straight Blade Folding Saw
Cutting bamboo can be a task if you don’t have the right tool to shape the bamboo trunk. Tabor Tools T6 is the best tool for cutting bamboo in just a few strokes. The blade is coated with special paint that resists corrosion, stays sharp for a longer period and precision-ground 3-angled razor sharp teeth cut the toughest branches easily.
- TABOR TOOLS T6 saw can but branches of 4 inches in diameter.
- The blades have a 3-dimensional cutting edge that gives preparatory cuts.
- There is a blade locking mechanism that keeps the blade safe in both folded and unfolded position preventing it from snapping.
- Blade of Tabor Tools T6 bamboo cutting tool is impulse hardened to increase the lifespan and retain the sharpness of the blade for a longer time.
6. SHINE HAI 7” Blade Folding Hand Saw Bamboo Cutting Tool
Need a bigger hand saw to cut down bamboo shoots then Shine Hai 7” blade hand saw will be helpful to you. With the thickness of 1.2 mm and tripe teeth design, this saw cuts hardwood with meticulousness. This bamboo cutting tool is easy to use and with safety lock, there won’t be any threat of having any accident while opening or folding the saw.
- Shine Hai hand saw comes with 7 inches of 1.2 mm thickness and tripe teeth design.
- The Ergonomically curved handle gives you a strong grip while cutting hard wood.
- The lock in blade feature ensures that the blade won’t snap or collapse while cutting or closing the wood.
7. Kakuri’s bamboo cutting hand saw
Cutting a small plant itself is a task, and here we have to deal with bamboo. For cutting bamboo, you need a great pruning saw. Kakuri’s special Japanese hand saw is exactly what you are looking for. This replaceable saw blade is attached with a plastic sheath to maintain the grip.
- It is a super handy saw for professional arborists and bamboo cutters.
- You can work on raw and dry bamboo trees with this fine-tooth blade.
- It is easy to replace a blade with just one touch.
- It is designed for flexibility and versatile usage.
- You can replace Kakuri’s spare blade and cut many more trees.
- It has excellent quality steel with precise sharpness and durability.
8. Planted Perfect All Purpose Folding 11” Hand Saw
Sawing a small branch can take ages but not when you have Planted Perfect 11” razor sharp bamboo cutter tool. The design of this hand saw makes the most difficult cutting easy and fast without getting pain in arms and shoulders.
Features of Planted Perfect All Purpose Folding 11” Hand Saw:
- This hand saw is sharp, sturdy and portable making it the most suitable to do all kind of garden work.
- The 11” inch blade is defined with 50+ sharp saw teeth that cuts the hard wood evenly and easily.
- Handle design is made for comfortable grip while doing hard yard work.
Bamboo cutter tools need to be strong, sharp and simple to use. Invest in a bamboo cutter which is comfortable to hold and works best as per your garden’s needs. Make sure the cutter has good length and correct shape to avoid any accidents. Invest in the bamboo cutter tool wisely as you won’t purchase such garden equipment often and they need to be perfect so you can use them effortlessly for a longer period.
In my opinion, the Corona razor tooth saw is the best of all. From the curved blade feature to length and sharpness, it aces all. So what are you waiting for? Go grab your tool now.
How to Grow Bamboo from Seed?
Planting bamboo is great fun and there are four types of Bamboo which can be planted.
Have a look at the below steps to know the method of planting Bamboo in your space.
- Build a growing medium
- For planting a bamboo, an individual needs a proper space to grow it. A good suggestion would be to purchase a greenhouse kit as it has appropriate space for growing a plant. The greenhouse kit will contain a holding tray to keep plants intact, few peat pellets, a cover to create the effect of the greenhouse.
- Saturate the pellet
- Once you have a proper greenhouse kit, submerge the pellet with water. The greenhouse kit has an auto water filling service which will fill the pellet halfway.
- Plant the bamboo seeds
- Buy a few bamboo seeds from your local gardner, though finding bamboo seeds is a bit difficult. After buying the seeds soak them in a bowl of water. Keep them soaked in water for one whole day and near a warm temperature area.
- Giving space in pellet
- Grow one seed each in one pellet in the center. Cover the seed fully and press it down to the peat. Now, keep the greenhouse kit opposite in the direction of sunlight.
- Keep in mind that a bamboo plant needs minimum sunlight to grow. Avoid many heating areas.
- Water the pellet
- Each day water these pellets containing seeds until the peats are properly soaked and moisturized. After ten days, one will find sprouts popping out from the soil. Once, the sprouts touch the lid, remove the cover from the kit.
- Transfer the plant into a large container
- As you can see, a small handy plant is ready. Now it’s time to transfer the pellet to a large container. Plant the pellet and soil into the large container with proper space and watering system. Keep in mind not to keep the plant under direct sunlight area as it can burn the plant.
- Your homie bamboo plant is ready to grow strong.